Thursday, May 27, 2010

Transmitter using tuner

At a flea market I bought an old PLL tuner. I wanted to know if the synthesizer could be used for hamradio. It had to be an old one as the new ones use a everything on on chip approach. I suppose the synthesizer is unreachable in the new tuners.

Plan was to use the synthesizer for the FM band. Mix this signal with a signal out of a VXO at 98.7 MHz. then filter it using a lowpass filter at 20 MHz. This would make a 0-20 Mhz signal generator. I listened to the signal of the synthesizer in cw mode to check the quality. Unfortunately It does not sound like a T9 signal.

I also listened to the signals out of the medium wave synthesizer. This signal sounds T9. The synthesizer can generate a signal in the 160 Meter band. Stepzize is 9Khz. I could make a AM transmitter just for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment