Wednesday, June 2, 2010

wire through pulley

I have a small mast with a 2m/70cm antenna on top of it. On top of the mast a pulley is mounted. It is used to keep a wire antenna in the air. This wire antenna was connected to a non conducting wire. Unfortunately the isolated wire broke so my antenna came down.

I already mounted the wire to the top of my chimney. However I want to use the pulley for a different antenna. So I had to find a way to get a wire through the pulley again.

Last night I succeeded. I took a 2 meter long tube. I pushed home electricity wire through that tube and through the pulley. When enhough wire was pushed through I connected isolated wire to the electricity cable. Then I pulled back the tube with the wire. This pulled the isolated wire through the pulley.

No comments:

Post a Comment