Friday, May 20, 2011

PLL for AM transmitter

I Build a synthesizer for the AM transmitter. The diagram was found at.
Nederlands forum over oude radio's It is pretty straight forward. A refrence oscillator, a 4046 PLL including VCO and a progrogrammable divider.

I have build a similar PLL in the past. using a seperate VCO and 74192 dividers. It was not hard to build but the vco did not work. I had to use a  15K resistor form pin 12 to earth. This also limits the VCO range to 800 KHz to 2 MHz. That should improve the quality of the signal as well. I am pleased with the result. I listened to the signal in cw mode. It sounds clean.

I have used a different xtal. Now my stepsize is 7 KHz instead of 9 KHz. That is Ok for 160 meter.

The box that contains my 1.8 Khz AM transmitter has no more room so I have mounted it on the back. It is in a metallic enclosure so it should be fine.

3 comments:

  1. I need to MW band radio with PLL and microcontroller and LCD . is there such as circuit ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to MW band radio with PLL and microcontroller and LCD . is there such as circuit ?

    ReplyDelete