Friday, December 18, 2015

60 meter transceiver amplifier and agc

The unit that provides 5 mili watt on 8 MHz and 13.350 -13.450 MHz is working. It is connected to the main board. The 13 MHz signal comes out of a signal generator. Later the signal generator will be replaced by a DDS board.

On the main board I have build the amplifier for the tiny 5.4 MHz signal out of the mixer. I can get 5-10 milli Watt out of it. That is enough for now.
In receive mode I can get 8V pp audio with 2 uV 5.4 MHz signal input. This signal is rectified and used for the AGC. It works, from 2uV to 30 mV the signal level of the audio is constant. I cannot get more than 30 mV from the generator.
The time constants for the AGC must be improved though. I want fast attack and slow release.
So some more experiments are. needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment