Sunday, January 3, 2016

60 meter transceiver concept

This is the concept of the transceiver

TX/RX switching is done by switching LO and BFO to the mixers.
AGC and ALC can be done with a single IF amp.
Note that it has 2 bandpass filters for 5.4 MHz. It could be done with a single filter and two relays.

Most items have been  I still need to build:
Speech Compressor.
Diver for the PA.
Lowpass filter 5.5 MHz.
Audio power amplifier (not in drawing).
CW unit  ( Not in drawing).

I can receive and transmit using a signal generator a LO and another generator as audio source. Now it is time to build the DDS unit and the microprocessor board together. Then I have a working LO.
After that I can add the audio amplifier. Then the receiver should be working.





The PA has been assembled except for the power transistors. I bought the kit on ebay. It should be able to deliver 45 Watts.

No comments:

Post a Comment