Saturday, January 9, 2016

60 meter trx audio

I made the audio amplifier for the transceiver. It uses a LM386 as amplifier.
In front of this amplifier I have added several RC filters with buffers between them.
It works, Although the suppression of signal above 3 KHz could be better.

The circuits were build in a tin box. I still has room for a CW audio filter or a better audio filter for speech I may add that later.

The speaker that I use is small. Sound is way better when a bigger one is used. I have tested this. So I may replace it.An improvement could be the mounting of the small speaker. Now I have a acoustic short circuit.

The speaker is thin. I was able to mound it on the front of the radio. Then the cover was placed over it . This way I did not have to drill holes in the stainless steel of the front.
Unfortunately volume is low with this setup because of the acoustic short circuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment